We Became Jaguars
(Liquid error (sections/product-template.liquid line 229): divided by 0% off)
Revel in the breathtaking fantasticality of this transformative new book from the daring mind of bestselling author Dave Eggers. When Grandma comes to visit and a young boy's parents leave, the rules of the house—and the world—change: grandson and grandmother transform into jaguars together! Through Eggers's signature knack for the surreal, readers follow their journey into the lush, undiscovered world of nature, experience true freedom, and lose themselves in the exhilarating power of pretending. After a day of playing, running, and climbing through sumptuous landscapes, the ending will leave you wondering what's real and what's make-believe. Woodrow White's gorgeous natural world is sure to inspire entire new realms in the imagination! And the depiction of the family bond—always unique—will enchant anyone looking for something truly special to give to their loved one. Children, parents, and grandparents alike will fall prey to this vivid celebration of imagination and the power of love to leave you forever altered.
• A CHILDREN'S CLASSIC FROM DAVE EGGERS: This unusual story about a kid and his grandmother's adventure exemplifies what people love about Dave Eggers's adult books, translated into a story just right for a kid.
• A DIFFERENT GRANDPARENT STORY: Tired of the same old sweet grandparent stories? Maybe you're like so many families, eager to see a new grandparent depicted: one as interesting, unique, and exciting as you, or your own!
• IMAGINATION READ: This story provides a perfect opportunity to talk to kids about the power of imagination and imaginative play, fiction, and storytelling‐all of which are major themes in education and important for every child's social emotional development.
• ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: The empathy extended to another creature's way of being aligns nicely with conversations about living step-by-step, hand in hand with the natural world around us.
• PERFECT FOR ART LOVERS: Each page is sure to entice readers young and old with lush natural settings, unique perspectives, and electrifying illustrations of animals and landscapes. Breathtaking and bold, this book stands out for its illustrations alone and is sure to give readers beautiful dreams.
• Readers who like a hint of magic and strangeness in their storytelling
• Kids who love nature, big cats, jungles, and/or forests!
• Environmentally conscious families
• Teachers and librarians